Wendy Simmons, Reading Coach PES
Athena Matlock, Reading Coach EES & MRE
We hope to
provide support and guidance to our colleagues in order to effectively
teach ALL students to read- which may include…
- Facilitate study groups, coach and mentor K-6 classroom teachers and give support to classroom instruction.
- Offer ongoing coaching and professional development to teachers.
- Provide feedback to staff about professional development opportunities and other pertinent information.
- Assisting with screening, diagnosing and monitoring student
progress, as well as helping to determine appropriate intervention
- Help to administer primary reading assessments and other diagnostic tools for tracking student progress and needs.
- Assisting teachers to analyze and use assessment results to improve instruction.
- Helping teachers customize
intervention programs for students. Work with teachers to improve
reading instruction by modeling lessons and selecting strategies for at
- Assist teachers working with small groups of students that need in-depth intervention.
Our personal goals:
1. To improve students' reading skills and competence
2. To solve referred problems
3. To learn from each other
4. To prevent future problems